It seems that the old cliché’ “Laughter is the best medicine” turns out to be true.
According to laughteryoga.org, Laughter Yoga has been scientifically proven to provide the following benefits:
- 6% reduction in blood pressure
- 28% drop in stress level
- Good Mood and More Laughter:
Laughter Yoga helps to change your mood within minutes by releasing certain chemicals from your brain cells called endorphins. You will remain cheerful and in a good mood throughout the day and will laugh more than you normally do.
Healthy Exercise to Beat Stress:
- Laughter Yoga is like an aerobic exercise (cardio workout) which brings more oxygen to the body and brain thereby making one feel more energetic and relaxed.
- Laughter Yoga reduces the stress and strengthens the immune system.
- You will not fall sick easily and if you have some chronic health conditions, you will heal faster.
Quality of Life:
- Laughter is a positive energy, which helps people to connect with other people quickly and improves relationships.
- If you laugh more, you will attract many friends.
Positive Attitude in Challenging Times:
- Everyone can laugh when life is good, but how does one laugh when faced with challenges?
- Laughter helps to create a positive mental state to deal with negative situations and negative people.
- It gives hope and optimism to cope with difficult times.
Dr Madan Kataria created laughter Yoga in in Mumbai India, in 1995. During his time as a researcher, he had come across a number of evidentiary resources, which supported the idea that laughter was particularly beneficial in promoting physical and mental health. Dr. Kataria, in his quest to find a way to incorporate laughter into the treatment protocol of patients as well as find ways for average people to use it to counteract the stress of modern day living, developed the technique that is now called Laughter Yoga.
Incorporating Yogic breathing with exercises designed to stimulate laughter, Dr Kataria and his wife, Madhuri, have included role-play as well as gibberish in the Laughter Yoga classes.
One hour of laughter can neutralize an entire day of tension. HaHaHa HoHoHo HeHeHe!!!